Rita McLaren, member of Bayside’s Activities Committee, says she “hopes Bayside residents step up and introduce themselves to the city and support each other.”
The committee will kick off it’s first Farmer’s Market Sunday, May 17th at 10am. Booths will be free for Bayside City renters for the introductory event and available on a first come first server basis.
(( OOC: you’re welcomed to sell BeYou products, Gachas, etc. Anything that fits on your table and under 100 prims)
In typical Bayside fashion, the committee has already been met with opposition. Members of the Independent Order of Sociability (IOS), who have recently been criticized for what residents call “witch hunts,” staged a call-in, severely jamming the phone lines for the committee, stating these types of events will encourage the rising popularity of “alternative spirituality recruiting.”
The Bayside Activities Committee issued an official statement indicating “absolutely all groups, spiritual or otherwise, will be invited to participate in this city wide event, given they participate in a neighborly manner.” They have also requested increased police presence to ensure Bayside residents feel safe. “It is the goal of the committee to ensure all groups in Bayside, even those who have felt the pressure to practice in secret, feel comfortable sharing their culture with all of Bayside,” McLaren stated during this morning’s press conference.
- Meela’s Cafe is hiring – Stop by the cafe and click the help wanted sign.
- Bayside PD is ramping up – Stop by the station and click the help wanted sign. Training day begins soon!
- #LAB Gaming Bar & Lounge will soon be announcing a new manager
- Faith & Flower hiring manager Amyalka is gearing up for the reopening and interviewing applicants. New applications will be located in the restaurant
- The Bayside Sun (yes, us) – hiring writers and columnists
The Bayside Economist
Wednesday TODAY – Sunny, high of 92
Thursday – high of 90
Friday – high of 96
Saturday – high of 92
Sunday – high of 90
Monday – high of 89
Tuesday – high of 83
Don’t forget your sun screen.